The filter mode allows you to enable and disable the blocking of requests to various parts of a web application.
To set a filter mode, create a Set traffic filtration mode rule and select the appropriate mode.
The filter mode can take one of the following values:
- default: the system will work in accordance with the parameters specified in the NGINX configuration files.
- off: the analysis and filtration of requests are disabled completely.
- monitoring: the requests are analyzed and displayed in the interface but they are not blocked.
- blocking: malicious requests are blocked and displayed in the interface.
To implement this rule, the NGINX configuration files must permit centralized management of the operation mode.
If the following conditions take place:
- new user registration is available at example.com/signup
- it is better to overlook an attack than to lose a customer
Then, to create a rule disabling blocking during user registration
- Go to the Rules tab
- Find the branch for
example.com/signup, and click Add rule
- Choose Set traffic filtration mode
- Choose operation mode monitoring
- Click Create