The filter node can be installed as a VMware vApp.
The functionality of the filter node installed as a VMware vApp is completely identical to the functionality of the other deployment options.
The virtualization system must meet the following requirements:
- vApp support
- vCenter version 5.5 or higher.
- ESXi version 5.5 or higher.
- User has access to the vCenter console with the permission to deploy OVF-templates.
- Access to the Wallarm cloud with the permission to create a node.
- Proceed to the link that corresponds to the cloud you are using:
- Click Nodes.
- Click OVF-template for VMware.
The path to the OVF template will be copied to the clipboard. The link will be valid for 24 hours.
The node's access credentials are replaced automatically. If the filter node is still in operation, it will lose the ability to interact with the Wallarm API.
- Go to the vCenter through the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Service.
- Click File.
- Click Deploy OVF template.
- Paste the link to the OVF template from the clipboard.
- On the Name and Location step, specify the name for the virtual machine to be displayed in the vSphere Client interface.
On the Deployment configuration step, choose configuration:
- up to 10mbps is designed for test installations. It uses one virtual processor and 512 MB of memory.
- 10-50mbps is designed for up to 50 Mbit of traffic. It uses 4 virtual processors and 16 GB of memory.
- 50-100mbps is designed for up to 100 Mbit of traffic. It uses 8 virtual processors and 32 GB of memory.
On the Properties step, configure the filter node parameters. These parameters are used only for the configuration on the first start.
- Hostname is server name.
- HTTP hosts: a list of domains to be processed. The requests whose Host header value is not included in the list will not be transferred to the backend and will be blocked.
- HTTP backends: a list of IP addresses, to which the requests will be forwarded.
On the first virtual host boot, the server console will prompt to set the root password.
After the first boot, you must do one of the following:
- Wait for 15 minutes until the filter node-specific files are downloaded.
- Manually run
For the advanced NGINX settings see Wallarm configuration parameters.